- 0.5Kg [1 lb] beetroot
- 20g [0.7oz] fresh chives
- 40g [1.5oz] dry walnuts
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 250g [0.55 lb] Strained yoghurt
Category : Salads|
Rating : 4
1. Clean the beetroots from the leaves and then boil them in salted water for about an hour.
2. Making certain the beetroots are tender, remove from the oven and drain them the water.
3. Place the beetroots on a plate and allow them to cool down. (can expedite by pouring cold water on them).
4. Once the beetroots are cool enough to handle, remove their skins and then slice them.
5. Place the sliced beetroots in a flat salad dish.
6. Crush the garlic.
7. Place the yoghurt in a bowl and add the crushed garlic, 2 table spoons olive oil, a touch of vinegar (to your taste), salt and pepper and beat well together.
8. Pour the yoghurt mix evenly over the beetroots.
9. Crush the walnuts into small pieces, finely chop the chives and then sprinkle them over the yoghurt.